Neo Tele-Tronix Pvt. Ltd. better known by brand name NTPL serves in the field of Electrical and Testing Equipments for over 35 years located in Kolkata, West Bengal.
NTPL manufactures over 60 different types of test and measuring instruments.
The impulse voltage generated in the electric power transmission and distribution system due to lightning or switching phenomena can be simulated by generation of impulse voltage of particular shape in the laboratory. This Test Set can be used to perform impulse voltage test on electrical equipment chosen as sample to check the insulation coordination of the same. The set will be as per IS 2071: 1973.
|Series||Type||Maximum output Peak voltage||No. of stages|
|IMGNT100K||Depending on capacity||100KV||available in both single & 2 stages|
|IMGNT200K||Depending on capacity||200KV||available in both 2 & 4 stages|
|IMGNT250K||Depending on capacity||240KV||available in both 3 & 4 stages|
Capacity: As per customers’ requirement. However, we generally manufacture set upto 2.5KJ Max. (2500Joules).
Nature of Impulse wave: 1.25/50ms.
The above multistage Impulse generator will be consisting of following major sections.
- DC charging Unit capable to provide continuously variable D.C. voltage of either polarity to charge the generator capacitor.
- Charging resistor are stacks of non-inductive high value resistance, suitable to work at the rated high voltage, to keep the charging current within safe limit.
- Generating capacitor is condenser bank arranged vertically one over the other along with the corresponding spark gaps aligned properly. Spark gaps will be between spheres or hemispheres of 50 to 150 mm diameters. Capacitor bank will be designed to undergo efficient charging / discharging operation and capacitance value will be such, that on dead short circuit they will be capable of giving impulse of at least the specified power in Joules.
- Triggering system for the spark gap will be provided.
- Wave shape controlling resistor & capacitors
A voltage divider of either resistor type or capacitor type will be provided. An oscilloscope with Data recording arrangement or a storage oscilloscope can be connected across the divider for measurement of voltage across the test object.
The D.C. charging unit will be provided with zero start interlocking, over load, overvoltage protection.
Designed & Manufactured according to relevant IS and International Standards.
Note: Specification & design can be altered according to special requirement of the customer.